Friday, December 27, 2013

Noelle's Art Studio

My niece wanted art supplies for Christmas. I purchased about $10 of miscellaneous supplies from a dollar store and a coloring book for $4 from another discount store. My plan was to also get a nice caddy of some sort for her to store and display her new supplies in.

Unfortunately I couldn't find a caddy I liked for under $50,and I wasn't about to spend that much on an art bin for an 8 year old. They were either too small to hold all the supplies, or just plain ugly.

So I decided to make one myself. Using discarded packaging from the items in the photo above, an empty frozen pizza box, and a few other discarded cardboard and tagboard boxes I constructed each container, then wrapped in brown paper grocery bag. I was going to draw designs onto it that she could color but ran out of time. The whole thing was then glued together to achieve this final result. She gets to open it tonight. I can't wait to see her face!



No comments:

Post a Comment